Alan's sysadmin Blog

Working smarter not harder

Error 0x800706D9 deploying Exchange 2010 Client Access Servers

Posted by Alan McBurney on March 14, 2012


As part of a large scale migration from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 I’ve been installing  a number of Client Access Server using the SP2 binaries of Exchange 2010

The servers displayed the error below when installing the Client Access Server role complaining about End Point mappings

image 

After digging around the ExchangeSetup.log file located in the C:\ExchangeSetupLogs folder I noticed that setup was trying to configure some firewall rules

image

I checked the status of the Firewall and sure enough it was disabled.

All servers were deployed from a template which has the firewall disabled.

I uninstalled Exchange from the server, set the firewall to Automatic and rebooted.

After the reboot the Exchange Client Access role installed on all servers without issue.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: